Art Licensing 101
Are you an artist who’s always wanted to expand their offerings into products you’ll never create on your own? Are you currently selling your art and creating products, but looking to diversify your revenue stream with art licensing? This is the workshop for you!
During this workshop, we’ll learn:
• What really is art licensing? What opportunities are there for artists out there looking to do this? Should I attend a trade show?
• The basics of a brand book and how to create one
• The purpose of cultivating relationships with manufacturers and how to do that
• Creating collections and cookbooks
• Working solo or with an agent and the benefits to both
• Trends and why they are important to art licensing
• The In’s and Out’s of Royalties, Flat Rate, and Contract Terms
• Tools to up your game in art licensing and how to implement them
• You’ll also learn to hurdle your fear and jump into this bright and fun world!
• How to connect & find opportunities to license your artwork
You will receive my Collaboration Guidelines & Agreement Template ($75 value)
I recommend knowledge of photoshop & Illustrator (or plans to learn them through Skillshare). If you can bring a laptop to this workshop that would be best!
We're offering several times for this workshop as we want to keep them small to ensure hands-on learning for everyone.
Workshop Times: Feel free to arrive 30 minutes early for the workshop to take time to settle in and chat with others!
Saturday, March 7, 2020 - 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Saturday, May 9, 2020 - 10:00 AM - 2 PM
Workshop Location: The Thimblepress Studio, 113 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39201